Once we determine the best structure for your mortgage that is consistent with your short and long-term goals, we begin to look for lenders who have products that complement those goals. Not every lender has the same products and not all products are structured the same. Before you get your next mortgage – ask yourself these questions:
- How long do you plan to own this home?
- What are your short-term and long-term financial goals?
- Do you have any plans in the future of increasing your investments outside of your home?
- If yes, do you envision using home equity to help finance some of those investments?
- If so, what is your timeline?
The answers to this will determine if we should have a line of credit (HELOC) as part of your mortgage now or in the future.
If we don’t need a HELOC today, then we can choose some alternative lenders.